While the SSL annual seed swap is scheduled for 10th February, the registrations for the second postal seed exchange start today, on the Blue Moon
This postal exchange is inspired from the “What You Sow” #SecretSeedSwap where participants make one (or more) pretty seed packet themselves, fill it with seeds and send it to a random recipient.
To take part:
– Register by 21st February 2018 by sending your email, name and address to: email@example.com
– Work out which seeds you would like to send and gather info about them. Home saved seeds would be great but if you’ve not been able to save any, you can share your favourite bought (from a reputable source) seeds.
– Create a beautiful seed packet: unleash your imagination and get crafty! Templates can be found online.
– Once registration is closed, you will receive the name and address of another participant chosen at random.
– Send them your work-of-art packet of seeds in the post as soon as you can.
– Post a picture of the seed packet you have received on the SSL Facebook page for everyone to admire.
– You could post more pictures as the seeds germinate and grow to show the sender how they’re doing if you’d like.